Re: how are the function directories organised?

From: ghaverla
Subject: Re: how are the function directories organised?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:29:16 -0700

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:38:54 +0100
oxy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> i was happy with the following octave path:
>
> addpath(genpath('/usr/local/share/octave/packages'))
>
> Untill i needed the function oneplot, which is here:
>
> addpath(/usr/share/plplot_octaves)
>
> However this command warns a lot about  "shadows a core library
> function"... and indeed some basic functions dont work any longer.

I am not long in Octave.  Octave seems to give warnings, when perhaps
it doesn't need to.  It seems that most of these shadowing warnings,
especially if it is a core function, are not important.  Octave follows
a PATH to get to a function, and if the function is in core, ore is
searched first.

There are ways to suppress warnings, but maybe you suppress something
important?

Maybe this helps?

Gord