Re: [newbie] constructing a discrete dataset

From: Jean Dubois
Subject: Re: [newbie] constructing a discrete dataset
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 20:54:29 +0100

2014-01-29 c. <address@hidden>:

> On 29 Jan 2014, at 19:48, Jean Dubois <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much for the help offered.
>> I installed the statistics package like this:
>> apt-get install octave-statistics
>> but when trying this in octave:
>> c =combnk(1:4,2)
>> I seems like octave doesn't find the extra functionality from the
>> statistics package:
>> error: `combnk' undefined near line 1 column 4
>>
>> octave:2> help combnk
>> error: help: `combnk' not found
>
> does this help:
> http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#I_have_installed_a_package_but_still_get_a_.22foo_undefined.22_error
> ?
Not really:
octave:1> pkg load octave-statistics
error: package octave-statistics is not installed
error: called from:
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.2.4/m/pkg/pkg.m at line 2005, column 4
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.2.4/m/pkg/pkg.m at line 301, column 7

and

apt-get install octave-statistics
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
octave-statistics is already the newest version.

strange isn't it?

kind regards,
jean