GSoC 2013 work on image package

From: ijourneaux
Subject: GSoC 2013 work on image package
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 10:18:24 -0800 (PST)

The script I am running makes extensive use of the function imdilate. I was
looking to see if there was any performance improvements I could implement
when I found a reference to GSoC 2013 work on the Image package.

http://carandraug.no-ip.org/blog/

I was wondering if these changes were included in the Image package 2.2.0?
and if these was worth digging into further.

Ian.