Re: Casting from an Octave int value to a pointer.

From: mpender
Subject: Re: Casting from an Octave int value to a pointer.
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:04:15 -0800 (PST)

I think I've got it working.  An example follows below since this issue
appears to have come up before but a solution was not presented.  If anyone
has an example of how to modify the contents of a global array from an oct
file that would really be the best way to address the issue.  I found the
example of how to modify a global scalar in the Octave documentation, but
not a global array value.

#include <octave/oct.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

DEFUN_DLD (freetest1, args, nargout,  "Free memory for a previously reserved
array.")
{
    octave_value retval;
    int nargin = args.length();

    if (nargin != 1)
        print_usage ();
    else
    {
        unsigned long tmp1 = args(0).int_value();
        float *tmp2;

        tmp2 = reinterpret_cast<float *>(tmp1);

        free(tmp2);

        tmp2 = NULL;