NaN and colormaps using fltk

From: Jose
Subject: NaN and colormaps using fltk
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:28:31 +0200

Hello.

I am trying to assign a specific colour to NaNs when plotting an image using imagesc.

From
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8481324/contrasting-color-for-nans-in-imagesc
I got to know that in Matlab NaN values get the first color from the axes colormap, which by default corresponds to the minimum value (other than NaN). However the code provided does not work in octave-3.8.0 when using fltk, which seems to assign black colour to NaNs. It does work with gnuplot, though.

My questions are:
1- How is NaN handled in fltk? Where can I find the code? (just to learn some internals).
2- Can I somehow assign a specific color to NaNs?

Thanks in advance.
J.