Re: Cannot print to any output file using Octave, anymore.

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Cannot print to any output file using Octave, anymore.
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:51:59 -0500

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 12:40:51 -0200, Ariel Arelovich wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Here is my problem. I've been doing tests with Octave in order to get
> the plot (done with GNU Plot Backend) to print the ñ character. One
> suggestion was that I update. I tried to do so using the system
> package manager (I'm using Debian) since there were quite a few
> related updates. However, after doing this not only the problem
> persisted but now, no output file is generated at all when using the
> print command.
>
> Instead all I get is these errors:
>
> GPL Ghostscript 9.05: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

Hi, I can't guarantee that you'll get the ñ character that you want,
but I have definitely hit this ghostscript error on Debian a couple of
times so I might be able to help with that.

See debbugs #662892 [1] and #732440 [2] for the two reports I've
filed, both are related to font packages that were breaking
ghostscript for me.

If you are so inclined, you could also help us test the latest 3.8.0
release which is installable from Debian experimental right now.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/662892
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/732440

HTH,

--