Re: Octave 3.6.4 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

From: Fausto Arinos de A. Barbuto
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.4 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 03:49:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jordi,

Thanks for the tip.  I will try that tonight.

Fausto

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 1:54:41 AM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2014-01-08 at 00:07 -0200, Fausto Arinos Barbuto wrote:

> Is there a roadmap to a smooth installation of Octave 3.6.4 on
> Ubuntu 12.04-64?

Yes, use this PPA instead of building yourself:

  https://launchpad.net/~octave/+archive/stable

I believe using this will also make it easier to install Octave
packages. Attempt to install them with apt (e.g. "sudo apt-get install
octave-odepkg") before you attempt pkg install.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.