Re: mpi 1.1.1 released

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: mpi 1.1.1 released
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 14:00:24 -0500

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:33 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 7 Jan 2014, at 16:05, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 7 Jan 2014, at 14:44, Sukanta Basu <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Michael,
>>> AFAICS there's not much difference with that respect in the new strategy,
>>> I was just wondering whether it could have any sort of a performance hit ...
>>> c.
>>
>> Carlo,
>>
>> I tested MATLES with revised version of mpi package (Cray CX1, ubuntu
>> 13.04, octave 3.6.4, openmpi). I am happy to say that there is no
>> memory leak. There is also no (negative) impact on computational
>> speed. From my perspective, the memory leak issue is fully resolved.
>>
>> Thanks again for your help and support.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Sukanta
>
> Thanks for your testing and the report!
>
> I have already submitted a new version of the package for release,
> where the same fix applied for sending and receiving arrays has been
> applied to other data types as well:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/73/
>
> unfortunately it seems the new package cannot be published yet because
> the html docs look ugly.

Sukanta,

Actually if you or someone else have access to a system with a texinfo
older than version 5 installed, it would be a great contribution if you
could produce the html help files for the new mpi package release in order
to make it publishable.

To do so you need to install version 1.2.0 either from the mercurial repository
or from the package release tracker and then do:

 pkg install -forge generate_html
 pkg load generate_html
 generate_package_html ("mpi", "mpi-html", "octave-forge")
 system ("tar cvzf mpi-1.2.0-html.tar.gz mpi-html && md5 mpi-1.2.0-html.tar.gz")

That would be very helpful in helping speed up the publication of the new package.
Thanks,
c.