Re: Compiling Octave: HDF5 and openmpi

From: Niels
Subject: Re: Compiling Octave: HDF5 and openmpi
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 09:51:25 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for all the infos!!

I just found out something important for other "compiling beginners" like
me:

Setting flags and then entering

sudo ./configure

will not work. The flags will be forgotten by the time cofigure is executed
(in a root shell).

I had to start off with

sudo -i

and then setting all the compiler flags in the environment.

Now mpi.h will be found and I arrived at the "real" difficulties ;-).

./.libs/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `ompi_mpi_cxx_op_intercept'
./.libs/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `MPI::Win::Free()'
./.libs/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `MPI::Datatype::Free()'
./.libs/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `MPI::Comm::Comm()'

Does anyone know by chance what to do now? (BTW. I can google these
messages and find a page where somebody posted the exact same errors, but
no solution.

Can I utter a suspicion? I think it is what was mentioned above: I will also
have to tell the linker where to find the mpi-library. For that I would have
to know its name and its location. I will start searching for it.

I'll read the thread linked above, too.

Thanks and regards
Niels