Re: Question on info - files

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Question on info - files
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 12:03:18 -0500

On Wed, 1 Jan 2014 17:34:54 +0100, Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza wrote:
> However, as soon as I start octave with
>
> octave --force-gui
>
> and switch to the "Documentation" slider, I can click exactly once on
> any of the help - topics, then the gui freezes completely.
>
> Help only via "kill -9" or similar operations. I thought this might be
> related to the original issue, hence I waited prior to rising this topic
> here, but it isn't. Though I applied your patch, the gui - behaviour
> remains the same.
>
> Anyone having any idea regarding this one? Can I help tracking down the
> problem? Please let me know.

Yes, I can confirm what you're seeing. I've reported that as bug #41055
[1], no workaround or fix for now. The GUI is experimental at this
point, please test and report such issues to the bug tracker [2],
patches are extremely welcome.

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?41055
[2] http://bugs.octave.org

Thanks,