Re: How to read in Date from Excel file?

From: Markus Bergholz
Subject: Re: How to read in Date from Excel file?
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 09:17:24 +0100

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM, lisa_octave <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks very much for your quick response!

However datestr() didn't return the correct date...

octave.exe> datestr(41267)
ans = 20-Dec-0113

>> datestr(41267)
ans = 25-Dec-0112

I've got this result on Octave 3.6.4, 3.8.0.RC1 and Matlab 2013a
That's realy interesting! What Octave Version are you using?

Though if I do datestr(41267,2) it returns 12/20/13.

I think this is because of initial date in Octave? Do you know how to get
the correct year 2013?

you can format the output like that

>> datestr(41267,'dd.mm.yy')
ans = 25.12.12