Re: Oct function or pure C++ as a header?

From: c.
Subject: Re: Oct function or pure C++ as a header?
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 09:54:23 +0100

On 2 Dec 2013, at 01:42, babelproofreader <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am planning on writing a fairly complex neural net training program as a
> .oct function which will necessitate calling other specially written
> functions. These specially written functions in and of themselves are quite
> simple and could easily be written in pure C++ code header files and then
> included in the main .oct program. My question is this: what are the
> advantages/disadvantages of doing this as opposed to writing these smaller
> functions as separate .oct functions?

AFAICS, the only advantage of writing separate .oct files would be the
possibility
of calling those functions within the Octave interpreter.

If this possibility is not of interest to you as you are only going to
use the smaller functions within your larger C++ code I see no reason to
build multiple .oct files.

HTH,
c.