Re: Interactive visualization (eg, using D3)?

From: wolframteetz
Subject: Re: Interactive visualization (eg, using D3)?
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 07:52:34 -0800 (PST)

Interesting question. I've been producting js visualization code from
Java/Groovy lately and it would in fact be interesting to have a 'webplot'
toolkit. It could replace the imho quite ugly Aquaterm solution on Mac and
add all the nice D3 graphs in seperate functions like
WebPlotScatter(x,y,z)..
In addition, exposing result graphs to clients interactive 'on the web' is a
growing demand.
Of course, plot.ly will sometimes do, but I'm not a big fan of cloud
services, i like to keep my data myself.

Take a look at the last post here:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/24931/how-to-make-firefox-read-stdin

I think that might make a lot of sense as a AquaTerm alternative.

I'll go get a coffee and try to put it into action. Let' see if I can figure
out
how to 'start Octave and communicate with it via pipes'....