Re: Octave 3.6.2 SUSE SLE 11 gcc version

From: Mike Puglia
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.2 SUSE SLE 11 gcc version
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 18:51:48 -0800 (PST)

Thank you, this worked.  And the maintainers confirmed that this distribution
of Octave was compiled with GCC 4.3.4.

On a related note, what BLAS package is recommended for this SUSE distribution
of Octave (or any of the Linux distributions)?  I have code that I've been
running on both Windows distributions, and openBLAS seems to be the recommended
package (and has been the fastest on my application) there.  My SUSE machine
only has the default BLAS package installed at the moment(3.4.2?), but the code
seems to be running pretty well.  OpenBLAS is available in my rpm repository
but is not installed.  Does anyone have any thoughts on whether I should bother
with installing OpenBLAS for the SUSE SLE11 distribution of Octave 3.6.4?

Thanks again,

MTP