Re: Unidentified developer

From: Daryl Lee
Subject: Re: Unidentified developer
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 09:24:14 -0700

On Nov 8, 2013, at 8:31 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please keep the list in CC so, in case others are interested they can follow
> the discussion.
>
> On 8 Nov 2013, at 19:20, Daryl Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I ran into a problem that I'm not sure how to resolve (and remember, it's my
>> first ever foray into the world of Macports). When I got to the point of
>> unzipping the octave-local-3.7.7+.tar.gz file I got an error:
>>
>> eve-m:octave daryl$ gunzip octave-local-3.7.7+.tar.gz
>> gunzip: octave-local-3.7.7+.tar.gz: not in gzip format
>>
>> I also downloaded it again, to assure myself of a valid file transfer, got
>> the same error, and tried it with "tar -xzf" but got another error:
>> unrecognized format.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>
> How did you download the file from the Macports TRAC website?

I downloaded both files the same way: right-click, "save link as..."

> try clicking on the link labeled "Original Format" at the bottom of this page:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/41155/octave-local-3.7.7%2B.tar.gz

That seems to have worked.  I now have the 79M directory "octave-3.7.7+" and a
12K directory "math".  Now to see if I can decode the build process!

--
Daryl Lee
Amateurs train until they get it right; professionals train until they can't