Re: octave update

From: Julien Salort
Subject: Re: octave update
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 14:41:20 +0100

jacopo rocchi <address@hidden> wrote:

> So, if there's no solution to this problem, could you please tell me where
> to easily download the version 3.7.1?
> I'm a mac user ( :/ ) and all the package manager such as fink, macport and
> homebrew does not work in installing octave...

What do you mean "does not work" ?
What version of Mac OS X are you using, and what version of MacPorts
have you tried ?

Personnally, I have been using the Fink version in the past, and now the
MacPorts version, and both have worked fine, including the octave-forge
packages.

There are however some trouble currently with the latest version of Mac
OS X (Mavericks), at least with MacPorts, but this will probably be
fixed soon and there are workarounds, see:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/40806

--
http://www.juliensalort.org