Shallow matrix construction in Octave C++ API

From: Mike Puglia
Subject: Shallow matrix construction in Octave C++ API
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 23:32:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Someone asked a question on stackoverflow last year about shallow matrix construction in the C++ API and it was never answered.  The link is:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10890131/shallow-matrix-construction-in-octave-c-api

I am also looking for a way to accomplish this and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the subject.  The basic idea is simple.  I have a matrix stored as an array of doubles in column-major format.  Is there anyway to construct a light copy of a Matrix object around the pointer+length information.  I have a performance critical application and I've run into a spot where the Octave C++ API would be useful, but I can't afford to initialize a new matrix and duplicate all of the data.

Thanks in advance,

MTP