octave update

From: jacopo rocchi
Subject: octave update
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 04:46:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
i'd like to install the package statistics but had a old version of octave,
and thus i tried to update it.
Finally, i got the latest version, that's the 3.7.7 and if i now try to
install statistics i got the message
statistics needs io >= 1.0.18
and thus, if if i try to update io, i got
io needs octave <= 3.7.1

So, if there's no solution to this problem, could you please tell me where
to easily download the version 3.7.1?
I'm a mac user ( :/ ) and all the package manager such as fink, macport and
homebrew does not work in installing octave...
I found a web page where there was file.dmg, it must have been something
like sourceforge.org, but it apparently has only the latest version.

Any suggestion?
Thanks