Re: Want to know how to inluce octave fft lib in my Qt program

From: Prasanth N P
Subject: Re: Want to know how to inluce octave fft lib in my Qt program
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:55:17 +0530

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On 22 Oct 2013, at 05:45, Prasanth N P <address@hidden> wrote:

> #include </usr/include/octave-3.2.4/octave/oct.h>
> #include </usr/include/octave-3.2.4/octave/octave.h>
> #include </usr/include/octave-3.2.4/octave/parse.h>

Octave 3.2 is __VERY__ __OLD__

Many things have changed since those days.
You are strongly recommended to update your Octave installation.

If you are using the "mkoctfile" [1] script to build your code,
you do not need to specify the full path of your header files
(which is very bad practice anyway). So change those lines to

> #include <octave/oct.h>
> #include <octave/octave.h>
> #include <octave/parse.h>

and use "mkoctfile" to compile and link.

> #include </usr/include/octave-3.2.4/octave/oct-fftw.h>

if you are using "fft" as an Octave command there is no need to include this latter header.

> string_vector argv (2);
>   argv(0) = "embedded";
>   argv(1) = "-q";

You constructed the string_vector argv, but never used it, so what do you think that should be there for?
Have you ever looked at this [2] example in the manual?

You need to initialize the Octave interpreter by invoking "octave_main" with the "embedded" flag set to true
before you can use "feval".

HTH,
c.

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Getting-Started-with-Oct_002dFiles.html#index-mkoctfile-3361
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html#Standalone-Programs

Yes, all them are corrected and feval issue solved. But still cant collect the  output to an array

 octave_value_list output = feval ("fft", input, 1);
 ColumnVector output_vector = output(0).column_vector_value ();

error: octave_base_value::array_value(): wrong type argument `complex matrix'