Re: Debugging octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Debugging octave
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:51:23 -0400

On Wed, 2013-10-16 at 08:40 -0400, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 8:13 AM, Reza Housseini
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>         I try to debug bug #33296 [1] but I can't set a breakpoint on
>         line libinterp/parse-tree/oct-parse.cc:6829 I always get the
>         warning
>

>             No line 6829 in file
>         "/home/hous/code/octave/libinterp/parse-tree/oct-parse.cc".
>             Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y
>         or [n])
>

>         what is the reason for this?
>

> I'd say it's because that file is generated from oct-parse.in.yy and
> the line information stored in the debug data correspond to that file
> instead.

I think it's actually because the actual library in question is
liboctinterp.so and thus not in the main executable, which is only
linked to that library. This warning happens for pretty much all
breakpoints except any you set in main.cc.

Once the library is loaded (e.g. by running int main()), future
warnings don't appear anymore.

- Jordi G. H.