Interactive visualization (eg, using D3)?

From: Rich Morin
Subject: Interactive visualization (eg, using D3)?
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:17:56 -0700

I've just started playing with Octave and am quite impressed with
its capabilities.  However, I'm surprised that it seems to have
very little support for dynamic and/or interactive visualization.

The web community has been very active in this area, producing
some really interesting examples, e.g.:

  Data-Driven Documents
  Mike Bostock, et al
  http://d3js.org
  https://github.com/mbostock/d3/wiki/Gallery

  Interactive Exploration of a Dynamical System
  Bret Victor
  http://vimeo.com/23839605

It seems plausible that a (JavaScript) single page app could be
hooked up to an Octave-based back end (e.g., Octave Daemon), but I
can't find any indication of this sort of effort.  Can anyone fill
me in on the current state of affairs?

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     address@hidden

Software system design, development, and documentation