Unable to use findpeaks : error: `findpeaks' undefined

From: Nicanor García
Subject: Unable to use findpeaks : error: `findpeaks' undefined
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 11:28:38 -0500

Hello everyone,

I'm having some trouble using this function from the signal package. At first I thought the package wasn't correctly installed, but I'm able to use all the other functions from it, so I ruled that out as the cause of the problem.

This is an example of what I get when I call the function:

octave:4> findpeaks(sierra)
error: `findpeaks' undefined near line 4 column 1

Where sierra is sawtooth I had generated previously. For all the other functions in the package I get a different error message telling me I'm not calling them correctly, but they exist.

I'm on Debian version 7.1 64 bit using Octave v 3.6.2 installed from the software manager, also the other packages were installed using the software manager.

What other information should I provide to help fix this problem?

Thank you very much.

Nicanor García O.