Re: Question about Agora Octave

From: c.
Subject: Re: Question about Agora Octave
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:38:13 +0200

On 30 Sep 2013, at 16:36, Helios de Rosario <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If I have some "snippet" of (purportedly) useful Octave code, should I
> use the available form in Agora Octave to share it?
> http://agora.octave.org/snippet/

Theoretically yes, but unfortunately Agora is not completely stable yet, so
there is a risk that
its database will need to be reset at some point and therefore your snippet
might be deleted.

For the moment I'd suggest using either the patch tracker on savannah or the
wiki instead.

Of course it would be better to have a reliable service through Agora so if you
can help improve it
or you know someone else who can, any contribution would be very welcome ...

> That's what the site is intended for, it seems. But the whole Agora
> looks under construction yet, so I don't know if it is there only for
> testing purposes, and whether its current contents will be available in
> the future, or will just go to the garbage when the site is updated.

This has happened in the past and I understand there is a plan to move Agora to
a different
hosting service, so I am afraid it might happen again.

> Regards
> Helios De Rosario

c.