Re: Octave 3.6.4 VS2010 and the C++ API

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.4 VS2010 and the C++ API
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:05:28 -0400

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Mike Puglia <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for the help.  It is much appreciated.  I installed OpenBlas with both builds, which seemed to be recommended.  I'll try some of the other libraries out and see if they work.  It seems I might need to reinstall though, as only one library can be chosen during installation.  Do you know of an easier way?

You need to reinstall.

Regarding the m-files, I don't think it is working at the command line.  I get the same behavior as with the oct file.  2x2 matrix multiplication works but the special case does not.  The following snippet works on the MINGW build, but not VS2010:

e0 = complex(0,0)
e1 = complex(1,1)
a = [e0 e1; e0 e1]
b = [e0 e0; e1 e1]
c = a*b

The octave output on the VS2010 build is:

c =

   0 + 2i   0 + 2i
   0 + 2i   0 + 2i

d =  0.0000e+000 + 5.7929e-195i

OK, so at least the error is consistent.

Michael.