Re: XML functions

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: XML functions
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:16:10 -0700 (PDT)

[Pascou] wrote
> Hi everyone,
>
> I use Octave 3.6.4 on Linuw Red Hat.
> I need to use the functions xmlread and xmlwrite fuctions, but they aren't
> implemented in my soft version. Does anybody know how I can use them ?

They are in the Octave-Forge io package. Perhaps you can get it by

pkg install -forge io

followed by

pkg load io.

Or maybe RedHat has the io package in their repo.

However:
The xmlread and xmlwrite functions are badly documented; I haven't been able
to get them to work properly (but admittedly I'm an XML n00b). Maybe you
can. If you do manage, please supply a concise write-up on how to invoke
them.

In addition I suspect you need to supply your own dtd file to use them.

Philip