Re: I'm new to octave and after reading the manual I'm still not sure ho

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: I'm new to octave and after reading the manual I'm still not sure how to use --traditional / --braindead command
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 09:56:13 -0400

On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 07:38 -0300, Juan Martín Iglesias Caride wrote:
> I'm new to octave and after reading the manual I'm still not sure how
> to use --traditional / --braindead command. Basicly what I read is
> that this command makes it more compatible with Matlab so I wanted to
> use it.

These options don't make Octave any more compatible with Matlab.
Except for a very rare exception with brain-dead short circuiting that
almost nobody needs, all that these options do is disable some
warnings and modify cosmetic things so that Octave looks more like
Matlab. It doesn't affect any behaviour. If you're deeply offended by
your prompt looking like "octave:1>" instead of ">>>", you can use
these options. Otherwise, they're pointless.

- Jordi G. H.