Re: GNUPLOT Problem: "error: fputs: invalid stream number = 9"

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: GNUPLOT Problem: "error: fputs: invalid stream number = 9"
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 14:44:44 -0400

I am not sure what you closed.

Don't close gnuplot, just close the window with the plot.
If you close gnuplot then it will not be ready for the next plot
HTH

Doug

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM, bmgamm <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Octave 3.6.4 and have been encountering errors with gnuplot. When
I first load Octave I have no trouble plotting with functions such as
scatter. However, when I close the first figure and attempt to make
additional plots, this error arises. The only solution seems to be
restarting Octave. Are there any known fixes to this bug? Thanks!

error: fputs: invalid stream number = 9
error: called from:
error:   C:\Program Files
(x86)\Octave-3.6.4\share\octave\3.6.4\m\plot\__gnuplot_drawnow__.m at line
299, column 1
error:   C:\Program Files
(x86)\Octave-3.6.4\share\octave\3.6.4\m\plot\__gnuplot_drawnow__.m at line
84, column 16

Brian