Re: problem running octave with Windows 8

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: problem running octave with Windows 8
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 13:53:14 -0400

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM, martha blake <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,
I am a student at the University of North Texas and my instructor encouraged us to use octave for homework that requires MATLAB. I downloaded octave and installed it without problems and was able to read the instruction manual but when I type 'octave' to get a command line I get an error that closes the program. I am using Windows 8 and did not see that as a supported operating system. Is there something I can do to be able to use octave? Thank you for your support.

People have reported success in using the existing binaries under Win8, but without more information about the actual error you get, it's unlikely anybody will be able to help you.

Michael.