Embedded Octave - Error Handling

From: schallb
Subject: Embedded Octave - Error Handling
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 05:27:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I've embedded Octave in a C++ application.
The application reads out some datasets of a database and exposes them in
form of matrices in the embedded octave. After exposing this data i execute
a *.m file to calculate some things.

Now i ran into a problem: sometimes not all variables used in the *.m file
are exposed because they are simply not available in the database.
This causes an error. When i want to run an other m file after that all data
wich was exposed is gone and no calculation takes place any more.

I tried to use a C++ try/catch block, but this does not prevent the "loss"
of data.

I read about "unwrap" in octave to catch those kind of error. But even after
hours of search and tryout of different things i couldn't figure out how to
use this error handling mechanism in C++.

It would be great if someone could help me to solve my problem.

BR Bertram