Re: array of strings?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: array of strings?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:57:20 -0400

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 07:12:27 -0700, MrOba wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Jason.
>
> But this still doesn't solve my problem :)
> I would like to have "c" of type string more than "a" of type sq_string..

The sq_string type is the default type of string in Octave. Any type
conversions to char at the interpreter level will have type sq_string.
Any concatenation involving a sq_string will produce a sq_string. The
manual explains how to construct an octave_value that is a
double-quoted string instead if you're working in C++.

Practically it shouldn't matter, though, unless I'm missing something.
Maybe you should restate the original problem you are having with
sq_string (the invalid conversion error) instead of trying to figure
out how to coerce your data into a double-quoted string type.

--
mike

It appears he's referring back to the problem stated here:
http://octave.1599824.n4. nabble.com/array-of-strings- tp4656994p4657021.html

I apologize as I never followed up on that statement. I've worked with C/C++ and Octave together, so I can't really give any insight into that error message. But Mike, as you said, his error seems specifically related to an incompatibility with the sq_string type.

Sorry, I've _never_ worked with C/C++ and Octave together.