Re: Starting problem

From: JasonNicholson
Subject: Re: Starting problem
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:13:44 -0700 (PDT)

1. Go to the directory that you installed Octave.  For instance mine is
"C:\Octave\Octave-3.6.4"
2.  Next go to  "\share\octave\site\m\startup\" .
3.  There should be a file called "octaverc".  Open it with a text editor.
I then put the following lines at the end of the file:

EDITOR('C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe');
edit mode async;

Note that the path to notepad++ may be different on you computer.  Find
notepad++.exe on you computer and use that path instead of what I have.

4.  Save "octaverc".
5.  Open Octave.
6.  type edit('thisIsATest') at the command prompt of Octave and hit Enter.
Notepad++ should open up.  The context highlighting for MATLAB should be
active.

Hopefully this is clear.  Note, I Just followed the instructions from the
wiki that Ben sent you.

Sincerely,
Jason