Re: problems installing openmpi_ext

From: c.
Subject: Re: problems installing openmpi_ext
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 11:56:58 +0200

On 3 Sep 2013, at 20:03, Francis Poulin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I took your advice.  I removed octave and then reinstalled it along with
> octave-dev (on fink).  After, I installed the packages using -forge and
> loaded general.
>
> When I try running the example it seems to have a different problem, see
> below.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out what the problem is.

> Thanks,
> Francis

It is usually not recommended to mix installation methods, so if you installed
Octave via Fink,
you should also install forge packages via Fink when available.

You should probably also remove the file

  ~/.octave_packages

and the folder

  ~/octave

before reinstalling the packages to avoid conflicts.

just for your reference here is the output I get from parcellfun_example on my
mac:

>> parcellfun_example
Elapsed time is 11.9283 seconds.
parcellfun: child process 34820 created
parcellfun: child process 34821 created
parcellfun: 200/200 jobs done
parcellfun: waiting for child process 34820 to close
parcellfun: waiting for child process 34821 to close
Elapsed time is 8.0128 seconds.

c.