Problem with the installation of the optim and econometrics packages

From: george brida
Subject: Problem with the installation of the optim and econometrics packages
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 17:49:53 +0200

Dear Octavers,
I have installed octave-3.6.4-vs2010-setup.exe. When I proceed with the following lines to install the optim package
pkg install optim-1.2.2.tar.gz
but the package is not installed. I also unzipped optim package in the folder with the same name and I used the "addpath" but I can't work with the functions of the optim package.
I read an earlier discussion about the installation of this package and I confirm the problem in doing so. Besides, I have the same problem with the installation of Econometrics package.
Regards