Re: Matlab menu-driven code - problem

From: Lester Anderson
Subject: Re: Matlab menu-driven code - problem
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 19:15:54 +0100

Thanks Mike for the pointers and information. I will have to park this code for now until the "bug" is finally fixed.

Good to know I have been going through the procedure correct.

Cheers guys

On 26 August 2013 18:50, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 18:35:43 +0100, Lester Anderson wrote:

> Well if it is part of the Octave install, then using the commands:
>
> graphics_toolkit fltk
> flex2d
>
> Still does not generate any menus, just the empty figure canvas window.
> [...]
> Should I get the menus as Ben showed?

No, you are running the correct commands and you get no menus, which
matches the bug report I suggested you read. As I explained before:

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 11:36:48 -0400, Mike Miller wrote:
> If I read the report and discussion correctly, uimenu was not working
> correctly in any of the 3.6.x releases. Indeed, "demo uimenu" fails
> for me in a clean build of 3.6.4. It does, however, work in the
> development version now and will work in the 3.8.0 release.

I'll try to restate what I said. There were one or more bugs present
in all of the 3.6.x releases. You are not seeing any menus, which
confirms that that bug is indeed present in your version of Octave.
You are doing the right thing, but it will not work for you with your
version of Octave.

I know your goal is just to get a working uimenu. Unfortunately, there
isn't much (that I know of) that you can do with the 3.6.4 version of
Octave you are using. If you want to get a working uimenu, you can
either build the development version of Octave (not yet released) or
wait for the 3.8.0 release which has not yet happened.

--
mike