Re: communications-1.1.1.tar.gz installation error

From: Shivaprasad R
Subject: Re: communications-1.1.1.tar.gz installation error
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 13:00:33 +0530

Hi Mike,

I was able to install the communications package after following the instructions, given in the link. In short, I downloaded the Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2_pkgs_20130402.7z file and unzipped it into the respective folders (installation directory). Used the commands below.
pkg rebuild -auto
pkg rebuild -noauto ad % may crash octave when loaded and 'clear all' is executed
pkg rebuild -noauto nan % shadows many statistics functions
pkg rebuild -noauto gsl % shadows some core functions
pkg rebuild -auto java

Thank you.
Shivaprasad.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 16:07:52 +0530, Shivaprasad R wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I am able to install other packages like signal, specfun, control etc. I am
> facing an issue only with communications package.

It looks like the error you are seeing has been identified and the fix
will be in the next release of the package.

However, you didn't answer that you read and followed the instructions
at the link I provided:

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.4%20for%20Windows%20MinGW%20installer/

Those instructions will help you install any of the listed precompiled
packages for the version of Octave you are working with. NB: there is
nothing in these instructions about running "pkg install <file>".

HTH,

--
mike