Re: image reading: Magic++ exception

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: image reading: Magic++ exception
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 18:09:12 +0100

On 18 August 2013 11:19:41 +1100,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Finally I managed to install 3.6.4 with Magic++. However when I tried to
> read simple jpg-file just by copying the example from info,
>
> I = imread ("myimage.jpg");
>
> it complained:
>
> error: imread: invalid image file: Magick++ exception: Magick: No decode
> delegate for this image format (/dev/shm/my-pic-doc.jpg) reported by
> magick/constitute.c:1528 (ReadImage)
>
> The file itself is nothing special:
>
> -r-------- 1 nurmi2 users 2063506 ??? 18 10:57 my-pic-doc.jpg
>

> Where to look for the cause ?
>
> --
>
> P.S. Pls reply to this mail as well as I am not a subscriber of this

Try with another image file, jpg and other formats. Is that the only
file causing trouble? Shows the file causing problem. Can other
applications open it?

The error says that GraphicsMagick does not have a coder for it. If
the image really is a jpeg then you must have built it without jpeg
support. Note that identifying a file as jpeg, is *not* checking the
extension. You can pick a jpeg file, change the extension to gif, and
octave will still identify it as jpeg.

Carnë