RE: regionprops with euler_number hangs

From: Anderson, Charles (DNR)
Subject: RE: regionprops with euler_number hangs
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:10:16 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 10:49 AM
To: Anderson, Charles (DNR)
Cc: address@hidden

[ ... ]
What is the nature of the hanging? It could just be that bweuler is too slow
for your problem and running for a long time. What's your data?

> I’m running Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2 using QOcTerm on a Dell with Windows
> XP pro. 32bit

Huh, another Octave GUI? I hadn't heard of this one. I wonder if we should try
to recruit the developer for our actual GUI.

- Jordi G. H.

Thanks, Jordi.

You were right about it being too slow and still running!
170 s to run
eul = bweuler(bigmarks);

And 2,500 s to complete
holes = regionprops(bigmarks, "euler_number");

I thought Octave GUI Qt 4 - QOcTerm from sourceforge.net was one of the more
tolerable GUIs for Octave.  I'm open to other suggestions though--as I try to
get by until an official GUI release with Octave 4.

Charles