Re: xmlread crash

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: xmlread crash
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 06:06:22 -0700 (PDT)

dugi wrote
> if I try to read more than 4 xml files, Octave (3.2.4) crashes with the
> following message:
>
> octave: xmltree_read.l:801: xml_lex: Assertion `next<limit' failed.
> panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
> attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
> save to `octave-core' complete</i>
>
> It does not matter, if I put the xmlread command in a for-loop or if I
> execute the command in console more than 4 time, the result is always the
> error message above.
> Is there any way to overcome this problem?

Octave-3.2.4 is ancient, better upgrade (current stable version = 3.6.4).

Then, xmlread and friends are essentially unmaintained.
These days they live in the io package (of which I'm maintainer), but as the
source files barely have any comments and my XML proficiency is negligible I
can't fix them. As long as they still compile OK I keep them included in the
io package.
So there's little hope that the xml functions will be improved until someone
else fixes them.

Sorry,

Philip