Re: Problem loading 16bit images using imread()

From: bmgamm
Subject: Re: Problem loading 16bit images using imread()
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 08:29:57 -0700 (PDT)

Carnë

I seemed to figure out a solution/work-around. I originally photographed the
images in RAW and converted them to 16-bit tiffs in Nikon ViewNX 2. When I
tried to read those images into Octave as 16-bit, they were down-sampled to
uint8. However, I re-saved the images in Adobe CameraRaw as 16-bit TIFFs.
Those images did load into Octave as uint16. I'm not sure why one file
loaded as uint16 and the other loaded as uint8. Nevertheless, I am now able
to work with the images. I attached a Dropbox link below containing two
seemingly identical images. 'Baseline_No' loads as 8bit. 'Baseline_Yes'
loads as 16bit. I can email you directly if the link doesn't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iw98a8tadjpg5uc/kiGpEjMo0f

Brian