Re: problems with resample

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: problems with resample
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 14:11:40 -0400

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 08:21:18 -0700, duncs wrote:
> Folks
>
> I'm running Octave 3.6.2 on Winddows 7, with signal 1.2.2 (and all it's
> dependent packages) loaded.  I'm trying to do a simple test of the resample
> function;
>
> x = linspace(0,1,1000); x = x*10*pi;
> y = sin(x);
> z = resample(y,1,2);
>
> but I get
>
> 'error: 'upfirdn' undefined near line 116 column 9'
>
> Reading the package description on Octave-Forge is states that upfirdn is
> one of the functions in the signal package, but looking at the file listing
> in the package directory there is no m file of this name, nor is it a
> function within the resample m-file.  Entering 'help upfirdn' confirms that
> the system can't find it.
>
> Am I doing something daft here?

Could be :) How did you install the signal package? I don't use Octave
on Windows, but I believe all of the installers come with the option
to install Octave Forge packages at the same time. Is that how you
installed the package?

The upfirdn function is indeed part of the package, but is not an
m-file script, it is a compiled oct-file. On my system that puts it in
the path:

  «prefix»/signal-1.2.2/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-api-v48+/upfirdn.oct

HTH,

--
mike