how to uninstall GUI 1.5.4?

From: madtom
Subject: how to uninstall GUI 1.5.4?
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:30:37 -0700 (PDT)

Please pardon a newbie question, but I couldn't find an answer that worked.

How do I completely uninstall the GUI 1.5.4 so that I can do a clean
reinstallation?  I've tried deleting the GUIOctave folder and all contents,
and removing all the Microsoft Visual C++ programs, but something remains
and causes my reinstallation to do at least 3 things: it reads a list of
files recently worked on; it remembers where on the screen I had dragged two
of the subwindows (commands and variables); and it remembers that I somehow
broke the link to the OctaveEditor (that is why I wanted a clean
reinstallation).

The OctaveEditor seems to work by itself.  But the GuiOctave seems to open
untill the Octave prompt appears, then the error pops up:

GUIOctave.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
The error signature:
AppName: guioctave.exe   AppVer: 1.5.4.0  ModName:mfc90.dll
ModVar: 9.0.307294148    Offset: 0012890f

Windows XP pro, Octave 3.6.4_gcc4.6.2

Thanks.

MT