Re: Multiplying Equations

From: withaar
Subject: Re: Multiplying Equations
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:25:25 -0700

Hi there,

The following works for me:

symbols
a=sym('a');
b=sym('b');
x=sym('x');
y=sym('y');

f = (a/b)*(x/b);
g = (a/b)*(y/b);

h = f*g;

display(f)
display(g)
display(h)

The symbolic toolbox is used.

Willem

On 13-07-25 06:57 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Subject: Multiplying Equations

To whom it may concern,

I am doing my final year project for Industrial Engineering and I have
encountered a problem while programming in octave.

The problem occurs when I try to multiple two equations with multiple
variables.

Here is an example:
f(x) = (a/b)*(x/b)
g(y) = (a/b)*(y/b)

h(x,y) = f(x)*g(y)

the error I am given states that the binary operand * cannot be used in
this situation. Please can you tell me in what manner I can multiply these
equations.

Thank you

-- L Koornhof Industrial Engineering Student University of Pretoria
address@hidden