sequence segmentation

From: CdeMills
Subject: sequence segmentation
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 11:36:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have an acquisition sequence which can be described as an initial
transient, followed by segments with different noise level. Moreover,
isolated spikes are also present. I tried automatic segmenting. It can be
seen as a classification according to the density of points whose distance
to the median value is higher to some threshold. But it is not easy to
decide wheter or not a point is a simple isolated outlier or belongs to a
group of points where the local noise is greater than expected. Any idea or
pointer to algorithm ? Any octave toolbox to perform such segmenting ?

Regards

Pascal