Re: oct files

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: oct files
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 02:55:04 -0700 (PDT)

Deepak Bhatia wrote
> Hello,
>
> We want to write the C++ Code and then make it through mkoctfile to be
> .oct
> file. How do we run the .oct file in octave ?

Without digging into the doc:
1) create some_func.c which implements the function
void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray
*prhs[])

read the input arguments via prhs, do the computing, return value into the
plhs. Generate the .oct file
2) inside octave, the link to the .oct file is done by matching the function
name and the filename of the .oct object (without .oct) :
resu = some_func(arg1, arg2)
will call mexFunction into some_func.oct

Regards

Pascal