Re: invalid range

From: Laurent Hoeltgen
Subject: Re: invalid range
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 11:48:04 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 04:37:22PM +0800, asha g wrote:

>  I am iterating a bunch of functions in my code where I have fixed
>
> niter = 1.536 e-10

With the whitespace before the e I get a syntax error. Without the whitespace,
this number is close to 0. Are you sure it's correctly set?

> Then iter = 1: niter

On my System (octave 3.6.4) I get:

octave:6> niter = 1.536e-10
niter =  1.5360e-10
octave:7> 1: niter
ans = [](1x0)

I guess your problem occurs because your range is actually empty and want to
access some matrix/vector entries somewhere.