Porting octave

From: Robert L. Parker
Subject: Porting octave
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 13:19:29 -0700

Dear MacPort experts

I have spent a frustrating morning trying to port octave.
I used the recommended

sudo port install octave-revel +atlas+docs

with a script downloaded from the official forge site.

After grinding away for 90 minutes or so MacPort quits declaring that "Atlas
could not detect any fortran compiler."
Now in the body of the script the compiler g95 is used in many places, so I
assume that is an approved Fortran compiler.  g95 resides in /opt/local/bin ,
the same place as clang-mp-3.3 which is the C compiler selected. Why can't
atlas see it?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

-Bob Parker.