Re: How to use german "Umlauts" to label plot axis

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: How to use german "Umlauts" to label plot axis
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:07:58 -0500

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On 20 June 2013 12:09, Alaak <address@hidden> wrote:
> This seems to mean I am a victim of bug: http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31596
>
> Is there a solution or workaround for this problem?

Not an easy one. The best I can think of is to make your plots with
Octave but annotate them with an external tool.

It depends on the output terminal.

If I set it to "wxt", then using the example from savannah

plot(randn(3),';En las antípodas;');
ylabel('todo es idéntico');
xlabel('a lo autóctono');

I got the
image rendered on the screen correctly (in spite of multiple
 "ft_render: skipping missing glyph for character" warnings).
Also, print ("test1.pdf", "-dpdfcairo") seems to make a good
pdf.

Dmitri.