Re: Problems install control package

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Problems install control package
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:03:30 -0400

On 20 June 2013 09:33, Beverly M <address@hidden> wrote:
> I wish to install the signal package so I need to install control. I keep
> getting the message below. I haven't used packages on Octave before so I
> would be grateful for any help.
> Thanks.
>
> octave-3.6.4.exe:15> pkg install -forge control
> make: /bin/sh: Command not found

Looks like you're using Windows. How did you install Octave? There
should be a corresponding compiled binary for the Octave-Forge
packages. You shouldn't need to use pkg install unless you want to
compile it yourself, but for that, you first need to setup your system
to be able to compile.

- Jordi G. H.