Re: 2d-interpolate between scattered values

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: 2d-interpolate between scattered values
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:48:59 +0200

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Caroline Lindberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Can you please give me some tips of how to perform a 2d-interpolation?

Ok, Jordi has answered this question many times now. You need to
provide a method to represent your data as a surface.
First check the function griddata. If that doesn't work you will have
to try advanced methods.
a. You could try to make a delaunay mesh of your x,y points and then
use bilinear interpolation (this is relatively easy)
b. You could try to do polynomial regression using regress_gp, though
I do not know how well that work.
c. Similarly you can use radial basis functions to interpolate your
data. I am not aware of radial basis interpolation in Octave.