Re: Solving Complex Simultaneous Equations

From: JoshE87
Subject: Re: Solving Complex Simultaneous Equations
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:24:58 -0700 (PDT)

All values mentioned are scalars.  ui is known for each individual species
"i".

You're right Olaf,  I meant complicated.  I should have been more clear.

I have tried to use fsolve in order to solve this.  As I understand it you
have to write

[x (variable I want solved), fval (which is the value of the function), info
(which will display if the values converged or not)]=fsolve( the function,
initial guess)

in order to do fsolve.  Is this correct?

the problem arises when the various terms within the formula for x contain x
itself, as well as other formulas that contain x.
In order to sort this out I thought I would have to use "while" functions.
What I have typed is something like this

[x,fval,info]=fsolve( x=sqrt(sum(5*((2-y*ui)/(1+x*ui)))),
x=(a*(sum(ui*5))^0.5)/2 )
while
y=1/z*sum((ui)/(1+x*ui))
z=1+ sum(ui/(1+x*ui))
endwhile
end

this is obviously not right.  Any suggestions?  The help page Sergei linked
to goes right over my head.